Looking at Puerto Vallarta Jalisco maybe five miles south.

On this blogger site one can click on all pictures except for the header above two times each time making them larger which is a feature I like because it gives you the ability to really look very close at all kinds of things not readily seen.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sign Please

I get a kick out of signs. Old ones new ones but mostly older, lighted or not. Some immediately evoke thoughts of times gone by and stories that could be told. Most of these pictures were not taken to be good but to show others. A couple you may have seen at OTC and I like the rabbit ears. That is a major icon for the Steamboat Springs area. The Park the Rio the Raton and the Moon Glow are here. If anyone has seen any of these tell me please.


This is in Vernal,UT.

Craig,CO and this is one that could have some stories. 
Vernal, UT. There are plenty of dinosaurs in Vernal.
Here's another one.
I need to go down and take this when it's dark.
Yampa, CO
 Salida,CO
This is for you Dusty. I bet this is a real nice place. I turned around because I missed it going by. I turn around a lot. Just east of Trinidad,CO
Folsom, NM.  I like this picture. A Folsom point was found near by.
Raton,NM
I bet this looks real good at night. I like this. Not the picture the design.
Walsenburg,CO. There are all kinds of thoughts about this place and all speculation. It is not open.

5 comments:

  1. Very good post! Well done. I've seen many of these places.

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you have Linda. Your pictures have been great too. You like this as much as I do I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to say thank you so thanks Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on this.
    I LOVE old signs.
    They tell a lot about the area, and the times that they were made.
    Unlike the new monopoly signs where every sign on every store in every strip mall is the same.
    The signs and America had character back then.
    Now we are robotized.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Home run RZ! We have way too much in common.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...