Looking at Puerto Vallarta Jalisco maybe five miles south.

On this blogger site one can click on all pictures except for the header above two times each time making them larger which is a feature I like because it gives you the ability to really look very close at all kinds of things not readily seen.

Monday, August 2, 2010

End of July 2010 Colorado& Utah

It was a great weekend for camping and a bit of exploring. The weather couldn't have been much better. Here are some of the things seen.

Remember you can click  on these twice to make them huge.


I like this picture. There was a 360 view from here and I came back and stayed a second night. It's a bit trashed out and I can live with that.
Incredible evening and the stars were amazing as well.



You may have seen this before. Pintado Canyon. Carrot men 12 miles south of Rangely.

A horned toad. Drove right over him. Did know what it was and went back. He was good size. There will be a video up sometime at OTC and here as well.

In the town of Dinosaur. Where's Mama antelope?

I took a bunch of these and happy I came away with the few half decent ones that I did. Really different and I am tempted to go back to try again because these were so interesting and didn't do well at all.


This is not Mama.

Prairie dogs are no where close to being extinct

Taken at the cemetery in Meeker,CO.

This just happens to be the size gun my Dad used during WWII. 105MM  This is in the cemetary in Meeker as well.

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm glad you didn't kill the critter. We drove over a bull snake, acidently, he wasn't so lucky.

    Storm clouds everywhere. I am a little tired of the rain...smells like mold and mildew down here.

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to see horny toads all the time when I was a kid here in Texas. The last one I saw was on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon several years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my understanding and you point it out as well there are not as many or even close to as many as there used to be.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...