On this blogger site one can click on all pictures except for the header two times each time making them larger which is a feature I like because it gives you the ability to really look very close at all kinds of things not readily seen.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Hola From Costa Rica

A quick post on a few things seen so far. This is the bus I rode on to San Isidro. It was a nicer seat than I had on the plane here. The ride over the mountain of death did cost $5.60.
In downtown San Isidro. I kinda like this picture. Several others below of outside where I am staying.




 The market was something else. A dollar is 500 colones so a kilo of these bad boys costs a buck. 
I understand these are the best carrots anywhere. Four lbs costs a buck. I bought five medium pineapples for a buck. Have not tried one yet but have a feeling they will be good. I guess watermelon is not so good.
This market is much larger than it appears here.

I'm sticking around the house today and plan on going for a walk soon.

It is like they say - beautiful and green.

Later

7 comments:

  1. Oooh WoW!!! Pics are wonderful. Such a beautiful place. My fav is the one right before the market ones. Have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're in the Garden of Eatin' ! So glad you arrived safe and sound. It looks to be quite an adventure. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize there was so much civilization South of the Border. :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing....these are great pictures.
    What an adventure!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...beautiful! What a wonderful adventure you are on!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You dog you!

    This was supposed to be February!

    Lucky.

    Love ya,

    S

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...