Looking at Puerto Vallarta Jalisco maybe five miles south.

On this blogger site one can click on all pictures except for the header above two times each time making them larger which is a feature I like because it gives you the ability to really look very close at all kinds of things not readily seen.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Visitors

Knocking on the door. (click on the pictures) (twice)
Nobody home - let's move on boys and girls.

Stretch was resting.

From just  a bit ago. Quail are cool little birds as well. First time I've seen them here. There is also nearby a family or two of burrowing owls. No way can I even get an illustrative picture of these birds. Their flight is something to see.

I hope the quail come back a bunch more.

10 comments:

  1. Are these Dan Quail? If so, can they spell 'potatoe' correctly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure Fearguth but my birds can spell and better than me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always loved seeing the families of quail that visited my patio in SF. One spring there were 15 little fuzzballs no bigger than a golf ball. They're such fun to watch.

    Stretch is looking pretty comfy there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As they say some places - life is too sweet!

    There were at least 25 of these and a couple limpers as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For Stretch that is. Looks like she's gonna knock down at least 12 straight without moving much.

      Delete
  5. Stretch is certainly living the life... Does dove season start Sept 1st??? better post a "no hunting sign"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to post on ring necked doves TMoon. They are an invasive species and there is no limit and no season. A couple of us are looking at them as a food source and other should as well. You do not see turtle doves around buildings anymore. I find the newcomers songs to be very abrasive compared to the soothing sounds from a turtle dove.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! We have Quail but they never come close to the house. Pretty neat!


    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was!! Not much for me I get a huge kick outta stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to see the quail and the burrowing owls. The owl are cute birds. Your Stretch look really comfy. Hope you have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...